If you click this website’s links I may earn a small commission.
As someone who is a bit of an open book with her emotions, having children has had a crazy effect on me. It’s like someone has taken my feelings, multiplied them by eight, shone a big maginifying glass on them and now pushes my weepy buttons EVERY SINGLE DAY. I cry at ridiculous times and feel a giddy happiness at simple moments that most wouldn’t even blink at.
So last Saturday evening when I was missing a few hours of sleep and the company of my husband I sat down with my iPad and a glass of red. Me and my emotions sat and watched hours and hours of YouTube proposal videos: we laughed, gasped, and mostly cried. Here are our favourites:
1. The Car Lip-Dub: The first time my sister-in-law showed me this video I cried. In a restaurant. It’s lovely and I can’t listen to Bruno Mars anymore without wanting to dance like the Am Dram gal in the red dress.
2. The Cinema: What do you do when you have a love of film, a girlfriend you’d like to propose to and waaaaay too much time on your hands? THIS!
3. The Beach at Sunset: This one is completely twee but totally lovely. If you don’t cry then there’s no hope for you, sorry. Plus ONE DIRECTION!
4. The Blue Tshirts: One of my long-term favourites.
5. The Live Weather Girl: When I was a kid all I ever wanted to do was be a Weather girl. That’s why I love this video.
6. The 19:57 From Euston: The only British video in my top 10. Are we a nation of unromantics? I love that this happened on the commute, usually the worst part of the day.
7. The Kid Dance: I have no idea how this guy got so many cute kids to dance, but hats off to him.
8. The Disneyland: Disneyland? Jazz hands? Megaphone? YES!
9. The Six Year Plan: Again, this is completely cheesey. But what a great surprise!
10. The Live-On-Ellen: I just had to add this one to the list because it’s Ellen. I love Ellen!
You can get your diamond ring at wpdiamonds.com.