If you click this website’s links I may earn a small commission.
This post originally appeared at my old blog, www.the-alice.co.uk.
Last week I noticed someone on Twitter eschewing New Year’s Resolutions in favour of making ‘New Year’s Intentions’. Although my first thought that this was a bit American and twee (sorry Americans, but you probably know what I mean…), I love the subtle suggestion of positivity in the phrase.
I take my New Year’s Resolutions, sorry – Intentions, fairly seriously; I love the idea that each January you are able to re-invent yourself and make a change to your life. Looking back on last year’s, I think I’m doing well.
In 2011, I intend to:
– Lose the rest of that baby weight: I have 8lb to go before I reach pre-Elfie weight, and I’d like to lose another 6 on top of that. I have lost 2.5 stone since she was born so I am well on the way there, and this past weekend was spent with a very inspirational low-fat raw vegan friend. I cam home with plenty of ideas for healthy dinners (the kale crisps and courgetti pesto are already favourites).
– Work: it makes me feel happier than I realised. I want to work more on my little PR and Marketing consultancy as well as developing a couple of ideas I’ve had with Will.
– Drink less wine
– Take care of myself: this means facials, massages and haircuts! I know that to feel good on the inside I need to look good on the outside. And that is A-OK.
– Move back to London!: I can’t put into words how much I miss it.
– Make a 5 year plan
– Start a food and cookery blog: I love my food so much and would love to indulge my hobby more. I have also vowed to buy at least one new cookery book a month (I was lucky enough to be treated to Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking for Christmas – it is wonderful).
– Blog blog blog!!!!