If you click this website’s links I may earn a small commission.
I am a big procrastinator. I can fanny around for ages without getting anything done. Not even ages: DAYS. No matter how I work hard to focus my mind, I find myself doing a little bit of this. This is why working on the internet is so hard.
I tried to explain the effect of Internet Procrastination to some friends at the weekend using James Van Der Memes but I really don’t think they got it. Hmm.
Anyway, I blame this part of my personality on the actual word procrastination. It’s just such a fun word. Prooo-crasss-tin-aaation. It’s one of those words that sounds so funny when you say it out loud.
The result of this massive prooo-crasss-tin-aaating side of my personality is that I am constantly making lists. On the days I work I make a list in the morning and consider the day a bit of a failure if I don’t cross at least half of it off. So it makes sense for me to make a Life List: I’ve been a long-term fan of Mighty Girl’s life list and more recently following the story of Alice Pyne’s bucket list, and I think it’s a wonderful way to give focus to your life.
This list has been floating around my head for the last 10 years or so, and this is the first time I’ve put it down in print. I’m hoping it will be a work in progress; I’m only up to number 40 so I can add to it as the years go on (and to be honest, if I complete everything on it in the foreseeable future my head may just explode). I’m looking forward to mu blog being a focus of my list, somewhere I can cross things off as life goes on.
1. Buy a house I really, REALLY want to live in (as opposed to the one we can’t sell at the moment)
2. Appear on TV
3. Visit New York again
4. Live abroad
5. Own my own business
6. Make photo albums from 2003 to now
7. Have a baby
8. Get a degree, or equivalent
9. Write a book
10. Get married
11. Be whisked away to Paris
12. Learn Spanish
13. Find and cook courgette flowers
14. Have another baby (!!)
15. Settle down in a place we love
16. Own a nice car – either a BMW or Audi
17. Learn how to bake and frost amazing cupcakes
18. Learn how to be more productive
19. Go on holiday in The Maldives
20. Own a pair of Christian Louboutins
21. Discover the secret to beautiful hair
22. Be given an eternity ring
23. Make my husband happy
24. Drive across America for at least 3 weeks
25. Take my mum and dad on holiday
26. Find the perfect fake tan
27. Throw a ridiculously decedent kid’s party
28. Visit Thailand
29. Eat at Nobu Las Vegas
30. Visit L.A.
31. Travel on a plane first class. More than once
32. Blog on the same site for 5 years
33. Complete the 365 project
34. Learn how to cook really good Mexican food
35. Learn to DJ (and DJ in front of people)
36. Remove money as a concern
37. Eat at 50 Michelin starred restaurants
38. Eat at Noma
39. Learn how to handle money better
40. Maintain a sub-9 stone weight/size 10 figure for at least a year
41. Get fit. Actually, really, properly fit.
…To be continued…