This post originally appeared in my old blog, www.the-alice.co.uk
– I’ve been looking at my dates more closely over the last couple of weeks – my original due date was 14th July and it got put backwards to 21st. Working from the day we DID IT, I am adamant that the due date should remain at the 14th (give or take a couple of days). Belly was measuring consistantly with this last week at my midwife’s appointment – a massive 36cm. If I AM 37 weeks tomorrow, then woohooh, full term!
– Baby is still breech, so last week I went for an acupuncture session to see if this would help encourage her to turn. Unfortunately the needles were in a mere 3 minutes before I passed out… according tot he acupuncturist my low ‘chi’ was to blame for this. I was amazed the acupuncture had such an effect on my body, I felt tingles from the tiny needles and then boom – gone. I don’t want to attempt the acupuncture again while still pregnant as I definitely felt there was an effect on the baby when I was feeling so poorly but I’d definitely look at it after baby’s born.
– I’ve met my new local midwife in Nottingham (lovely lady) and have my booking in appointment at the hospital tomorrow. Fingers crossed we’ll be able to find out more tomorrow about the possibility of an ECV.
– I’m on maternity leave! It still feels a little like I’m on holiday and today was the first day I started feeling a little bored. I’ve been filling my days with getting things ready for the baby, buying last minute bits and pieces and making sure the house is spotless but I really need to take it down a notch because I’m starting to feel it.
– I’m knackered – sleeping loads (2 naps a day? Yes please…), my pelvis is aching more and more, I’m starving, I’m having braxton hicks and period-pain type cramps, achey lower back and bump has definitely dropped. I’m hoping all these things are signs baby’s arrival is imminent.
– My nipples are leaking!!! Weirdest thing ever, I described it last night as like squeezing a gigantic zit.
– Baby has hiccups all the time now – a really weird feeling.
– I miss work… something I thought I’d never say. I miss the mental stimulation and the people, I haven’t yet resorted to daytime TV to fill the gap but this might be the next step…
(No photo today as I can’t find my camera cable!)