This post originally appeared in my old blog, www.the-alice.co.uk
– Sleep has suddenly become really hard. How can I be so tired yet find it difficult to drop off at night? I’ll tell you how: a head in my ribs, a baby with the hiccups at 2am and a middle of the night football habit.
– ICE. Oh god, ice. I love it so much. Current daily intake: 3 pints. YUM. Thinking about ice makes my mouth water.
– I put on my maternity jeans (Topshop Baxters, the type with stretchy pockets, size 10) this morning and it was a lot tougher to get them over my thighs. I think pregnancy weight is finally catching up with me…
– I have not ‘done’ my hair since I left for Greece (i.e. blow-dried/straightened). Instead I’ve been leaving it au naturel, which means curly. It’s nice for a change but I wish I had the energy to dry my hair properly. I’m thinking this is good practice for when the baby gets here, I’m sure blow-drying will be the last thing I’ll want to do.
– Work is now officially a drag. I worked from home twice last week and once the week before as my SPD was just horrendous, it goes away fairly swiftly with a good rest but comes back when I walk. Because of this I’ve brought my maternity leave forward by a week, meaning I will leave on 11th June. That’s 8 working days! I can’t wait.
– I no longer have ankles. I have cankles.
– Baby is still breech which is not only worrying but really uncomfy – I’m going to Argos this evening to purchase a gym ball and will do my best to bounce her the right way up.
– I think we’re all ready for the arrival of baby, with the exception of being in the right city (let alone the right house). This weekend we went shopping for all the final bits; hospital essentials, bottles and steriliser (I will be breastfeeding but want Will to do one feed a day), baby monitor, newborn sleepsuits….
– I bought a pack of 2 breastfeeding bras from M&S. They are possibly the least sexiest item of clothing I’ve ever laid my eyes on, but BOY are they comfortable.