If you click this website’s links I may earn a small commission.
This post originally appeared in my old blog, www.the-alice.co.uk
We have had a clanger of a month. My father-in-law passed away on May 1st and on Tuesday Will was made redundant from his job, effective immediately. Cue panic. We are lucky that we were able to spend a 2 weeks in Greece with his family before the redundancy, and he has had meeting requests and offers pouring in since the news broke. So it may not all be doom and gloom and may turn out to be a positive thing for our family; we’ve always known that we want him to work freelance at some point so we have the flexibility to travel and even live abroad, it is just happening slightly sooner than we expected.
We have lots of decisions to make over the next few days – including whether or not to leave London. If I’m not tied here for my job (as of June 18th), and Will can work from anywhere in the country it seems silly to shell out £1,200 a month in rent when we can be paying a lot less, plus we have a lovely three bedroom house in Nottingham currently empty as the tenants vacated a month ago… We shall see.
In other news:
– My ankles are still swollen – not in the mornings, but always by the end of the day. They are not attractive!
– I can’t eat enough ice! I love the stuff and have taken to bringing a Tuppaware container of it into work with me every
morning. I also really love the feel of the shower on my tongue at the moment and have been drinking stacks of icy cold water, I think I have some sort of oral fixation.
– Work has been very busy over the last couple of weeks with the launch of a big project (which is why I was unable to attend the Huggies Mummies meetup on Tuesday, though in hindsight I wouldn’t have been very good company with the news of Will’s job!). I have 19 working days left until maternity leave and I can’t wait.
– Still tired
– I weigh 11 stone 2 lb, oh my goodness! I pacify myself with the fact that I have no stretchmarks and I still don’t look pregnant from behind.
– Naughty baby has gone from being head-down to being in the breech position; I’m going to give her until my next checkup and then I’ll start the yoga moves to try and turn her.
– I’ve had a couple of cramps in my calf (never happened before, very weird). The last one woke me up at 4am and I screamed in agony, Will thought I was giving birth.
– It makes me so angry how rude Londoners are – a woman pushed past me yesterday to get the last seat in a circle line carriage, as did a man on my train into Old Street yesterday. This really didn’t bother me before but I’m feeling more and more like I NEED to sit down.
– I have bad wind. Oops.