There are certain items that hang in our wardrobe one might consider ‘evergreen’. Easy to throw on pieces that work with everything and all year round. But which of these key items are definitely essentials that you need? Let’s take a look:
- The bodycon dress
Figure hugging and easy to throw on, bodycon dresses can be mixed and matched with items already in your wardrobe to create a new look every time. Opt for easy to wear black or a bold pink or blue that can be toned down with everyday colours.
- Spring: Wear yours under a lightweight denim jacket and pair with ankle boots.
- Summer: Dress it up for summer evenings with barely-there heels and a glowing tan.
- Winter: Slip it on over a pair of thick tights and under a pull over jumper. Finish with a bomber jacket and a thick scarf if you’re heading out.
- The leather jacket
With the ability to add some edge instantly to any look, the leather jacket works all year round and can be added to everything from feminine dresses to tough ripped jeans depending on what vibe you’re feeling that day.
- Spring: Throw yours on over a skater dress and slip on trainers for instant everyday casual that should keep you covered in any April showers.
- Summer: Evenings in the UK can get chilly, so take your leather jacket along to that summer BBQ and wear over printed shorts and a simple cami top with strappy sandals to finish.
- Winter: Pair leather with a comfy hoodie worn underneath with athleisure style leggings and high top trainers for an easy, cosy winter look.
- The slip-on trainers
Dress these up or down, they work with everything – just be sure to choose some in a neutral shade such as black, white or even that millennial pink shade. Here’s a quick round up of some to consider purchasing this year.
- Spring: A denim skirt and a lightweight jumper work wonderfully with a pair of comfy slip on trainers. Add some frilly socks for an unusual but feminine look.
- Summer: For easy summer festival style wear these slip-ons with small denim shorts and a cropped top.
- Winter: Slip on trainers might not feel like a winter shoe but they work with tailored trousers, sports socks and a lightweight blouse for casual office cool, but be sure to add a thick parka coat when heading outside – and avoid the puddles!
- The well fitting jeans
Every woman needs a pair of jeans that she can throw on and feel great in, and you probably have a brand that you only buy jeans from. These work all year round, even in the summer months, when styled the right way.
- Spring: Team your jeans with a plain t-shirt and comfy fashion trainers for laid back spring style. When the sun comes out pop a baseball cap on for a simple sportswear look.
- Summer: Pop on a bomber jacket, a comfy strap top and your fave jeans for easy airport styling when you head off on your summer holiday.
- Winter: A chunky cable knit jumper and jeans is a go-to look for every fashionable individual during the winter months. Add some knee high boots and a jacket and you’ll definitely stay warm.
- The comfy cami
Nothing is easier to wear on a day to day basis than a lightweight, strappy cami top. There’s a whole world of styles out there, with decorative backs, multiple straps and a variety of necklines but they’re just a simple and good looking top design to add to your wardrobe that always work.
- Spring: Add some culottes and those slip on trainers and you’re good to go. Keep a lightweight cardigan close by just in case the spring sunshine goes.
- Summer: Tuck your cami into a pair of denim shorts for days spent chilling in the back garden, add some flip flops and imagine you’re at the beach.
- Winter: Wear yours over a roll neck jumper with fitted jeans, add some comfy ankle boots to keep things snug.
Feeling inspired? Then adopt these five essentials and look good all year round!