May 2, 2013

I‘m here, I’m in New York! And have been up since 4.30am thanks to jetlag and the champagne hangover from my flight yesterday.

It was the best flight of my life. Scratch that, it was one of the best DAYS of my life. Because I know how to pick my friends well, Kirsty went above and beyond the call of duty friendship-wise and upgraded my ticket to first class using her airmiles. I don’t think I can ever go back to Economy now, she’s ruined me for life.

I spent the flight propping up the bar with some Hedge Fund Managers from the Upper West Side (I still have no idea what a Hedge Fund is), drinking Champagne and enjoying stretching my legs in the comfort of my absolutely massive seat. The food was fantastic, the air hostesses were lovely: I could have spent all day on that plane. And the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at Heathrow? Don’t even get me started on it. DIVINE. Jerry Hall sat down next to me and gave me dirty looks because I was staring at her. Sorry, Jerry, but I was comparing you to my Google Images results so I could be sure it was you.

I arrived into the city at 9pm and we gallivanted off for the BEST fried chicken of my life. Chicken skin, breaded and deep-fried? With honey butter? OMG. Not convinced with the accompanying scone though (they call em biscuits here).  That was followed by an apple gallette and some vino at Brooklyn Winery (they make their own artisanal wines. Fancy) and a stagger home to Kirsty’s gorgeous Williamsburg pad.

One of the things I love about America is that it’s acceptable to eat fries at breakfast time. Which is precisely what I plan to do in approximately one hour. I love this country.

• Reply Ciara May 2, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Amazing! What a great friend.
    We are heading there this Christmas for a week and I am super excited. I’ll be looking out for tips :)

• Reply The Mad House May 2, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Have an amazing time and enjoy it. You deserve it

• Reply Helen May 2, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I need that fried chicken in my life. When you get back I expect a FULL and FRANK rendition of all eateries and drinkeries visited, so that I can live vicariously through you, Mrs Harold ;) xx

• Reply Kate May 2, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Glad to hear you are having a brilliant time so far! Enjoy the gorgeous sunshine and the rest of your time in NYC!

• Reply Molly May 2, 2013 at 9:01 pm

You’ve just pretty much described my dream day. WOW! Hope you have an incredible time and make the most of every single second. Enjoy the champagne! x

• Reply mascara & mud May 2, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Omg, well jel x enjoy x

• Reply Metropolitan Mum May 2, 2013 at 10:25 pm

‘Fly First or your heirs will!’ :) That’s what my friend’s parents told my friend when questioned about their lavish (childfree) vacations.
    NY is fab – I haven’t been in a loooong time. For me it’s the quintessential place to claim back some me-time. How eternally cool that you are going (i.e. that you are there, eeek!!). Enjoy your time and keep us posted.

• Reply Janet May 3, 2013 at 1:38 am

Sounds to me like you are really enjoying your time in New York City! What NYC hotel did you end up staying at? I’d love to hear what your experience was.

• Reply Mammasaurus May 3, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Amazeballs – I would so love to do NYC some day. Take loads of phtotos – I’ll be watching. (Not in a stalkerish type of way obvs.)