TFI Friday

November 16, 2012

Whatever kind of mother you are – stay at home, work at home, work in an office – Friday is always SO welcome. For me it means adult conversation and 50% more grown-ups in the house, which in turn means I have 50% more time to do really important stuff like go to the rugby club and drink beer. Or watch Strictly Come Dancing.

In the old days child-free days of full-time work, 5pm on a Friday would mean pub time; these days I like to  get in the weekend mood by cranking up Spotify at tea time and having a mini dance party in the kitchen. Even more fun now Elfie’s stopped putting her hands over her ears when I sing (“Mummy STOP! Don’t LIKE IT”). For this reason I have compiled a specific Friday playlist, full of pop music from a while ago to present day.

So when it comes to that time of day pour yourself a glass of wine and stick this on. For that extra frisson of not knowing what’s coming next put the playlist on ‘random’ – we are living on the edge here.

Oh and the playlist is called ‘Mummy Needs Wine’, for obvious reasons. You are welcome.

PS: If you’re reading this in an RSS reader you may need to click through to see the playlist!

• Reply Myra November 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm

In a country far far away a long long time ago………………
    I lived in Scotland for years (I’m Dutch) and used to work at IBM where there was a pub on site and oh my the stories I could tell you of Friday night shenanigans that went on there…..Now most Friday evenings are spent in tracky bottoms watching Project Runway and feeling glad when both kids are sound asleep ;)

Also the Kooks! <3

• Reply alice November 18, 2012 at 1:09 pm

A pub on-site?! See you later, I’m off to research jobs at IBM!

• Reply Myra November 19, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Trust me you NEVER want to move to Greenock. Ever.
        Did you ever see the movie sweet sixteen? It was filmed there and when I saw it all I thought was *it’s time to leave*.
        It’s a depressing town in an otherwise beautiful country.

• Reply Lisa @ hollybobbs November 16, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Unfortunately my hubby is working all weekend so that Friday feeling isn’t happening here :( happy Friday though! Love that photo of your lil man too!

• Reply alice November 18, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Boo :( I know the feeling when your husband works all weekend- rubbish!!

• Reply Emma November 16, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Love your blog – never normally comment, but this is just the perfect Friday playlist!

• Reply alice November 18, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Ahh thanks Emma!!

• Reply josie November 16, 2012 at 7:04 pm

What a killer little playlist. I live for Friday evenings. Might have a little listen whilst the man gets my fish n chips.

• Reply alice November 18, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Fish and chips on a friday? perfection!!

• Reply Circusmum November 16, 2012 at 9:54 pm

ooh great playlist! Totally agree, Fridays aren’t the same once you have kids! We introduced ‘Friday presents’ in our house as a well done for getting through another week! Because, well because we can! lol
    Have a lovely weekend x

• Reply alice November 18, 2012 at 1:12 pm

LOVE this idea!!

• Reply Richmond Mummy November 16, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Nice. I see you baby, shakin’ that ass… in the kitchen! x

• Reply alice November 18, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Now you mention it, this playlist is DEFINITELY missing some Groove Armada… x

• Reply HonestMum November 17, 2012 at 9:09 am

Love this playlist-my kids are so cool, it’s Nicky Minaj or JayZ that gets them shaking it!

• Reply alice November 18, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I’m partial to a bit of Minaj or JayZ – like that you’ve raised your kids with such good taste! x

• Reply Izaskun Perez de Carcamo November 17, 2012 at 10:34 am

Thanks a lot. Mini disco is that I do every Friday with my daughter (8 years) in ou very very little village, we are only 45 people. Now we´ll dance your playlist at home and think in all of you. Ah! I love red wine.

• Reply alice November 18, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Glad that you have a mini disco too!

• Reply Susan November 17, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Can we have the ‘top 100 Friday Night Dance While you Cook – Glass of Wine Playlist’ I will get through it quicker than the books!

• Reply alice November 18, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Hahah thats a good idea! Though I’m on book no 2 already…

• Reply Tanya (Bump2Basics) November 18, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Love it Alice! We love dancing in the kitchen…it doesn’t even need to be Friday but it always feels better on a Friday! LLC really likes Taio Cruz Dynamite – she even sings it now, it’s so funny :)

• Reply Fritha Strickland November 23, 2012 at 5:17 pm