This post originally appeared in my old blog, www.the-alice.co.uk
In 2010, I resolve to:
– Be a better wife
I need to realise when I’m being a whiny bitch because of my hormones and keep a lid on it, otherwise Will’s sanity will be severely compromised.
– Make our new home a wonderful place to be
I can’t wait to move to our bigger family home next week and to have a garden and nursery. We’ll be spending a lot more time there and I want to make it as homely as possible.
– Keep in touch with my friends more than I have done
Should be easy as I won’t be hungover at all in the next six months.
– See as much live music as possible before baby comes
…because I won’t be seeing much afterwards!
– Really work at doing freelance stuff
I won’t be working for a long while after baby arrives, should I pick up freelance work we won’t have to worry so much about budgeting (yuck).
If I don’t blog about things, I forget them. I really want to remember this pregnancy.
– Be a good mum
Self-explanatory I think.
– Don’t splurge so much money on convenience food, clothes and booze
I think this means no more Pret. I’ll need a while to get over this one.
– Read better books, not just crappy chick lit
I love bad books, but I worry they are turning my brain to mush. So far this year I have already powered through Bridget Jones’s Diary, but am now on ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’ by Khaled Hosseini. FYI: the Twilight series doesn’t count as crappy chick lit.