Food

A BFF Shopmium Dinner Party – WIN a £300 Supermarket Voucher

September 22, 2016
Shopmium Dinner Party

Do you know one thing I miss about the (not-so great) utopian suburban couple-based dream? DINNER PARTIES.

In my past life I loved a good dinner party. One year, as a 25th birthday treat to myself, all I wanted was for my friends to come round for supper and a day and a half to prepare a five-course feast for them: cooking for dinner parties is my jam. Give me a week of planning, a stack of recipe books, a big grocery shop and 12 hours in the kitchen and I will happily work my fingers to the bone creating restaurant-style food, only better because you don’t have to pay for it.

Shopmium Dinner Party

So when the supermarket cashback service Shopmium got in touch to ask me to host a dinner party using products I’d bought with them, I was all over that literal gravy train. I dug out my recipe books, started planning and convinced my BFF Bryony to come over to Casa More Than Toast for an evening of wine, gossip and delicious food (it didn’t take much).

Shopmium is a brilliant new app that gives you the option to try new products or save money on old favourites via a cashback system. I’ve never really tried anything like this before, always wondering if it would be worth the admin time, so was interested to see how I’d get on.

Shopmium Dinner Party Shopmium Dinner Party Shopmium Dinner Party

It was easy to get started: I downloaded the app and scrolled through the list of products currently on offer to find ones that would suit my dinner party. I selected Poshcorn (B and I love to nibble on nice popcorn when we gossip), bread and sausages (that I halfheartedly threw in the direction of the kids that evening while I focussed on the grown-ups food ;). Off I popped to do my supermarket shop as usual and made a special note to buy these particular products – variations of which I would have purchased in any case.

Before I got cooking I decided to try out the app’s cashback process. Using these sausages as an example, all I had to do was scan in the barcode so their eligibility could be checked, then snap a photo of the receipt before whizzing that off using the app, too. Within 24 hours my cashback had been confirmed, and within 48 hours nearly a fiver had been deposited into my PayPal account. It really was that simple! At the frequency I shop I reckon I could claim back around £25 a month, which although isn’t going to make me a millionaire is still pretty impressive: that’s £300 a year. I’ll take that!

You can download the app here, and if you use the code ‘ALICECHOC’ when you sign up you’ll get a free bar of chocolate (you’re welcome ;)

Shopmium Dinner Party Shopmium Dinner Party

For Bryony I pulled together not only a feast of Poshcorn but also a lovely quick smoked salmon and lemon starter using the Genius bread I’d bought with Shopmium (shhh! She didn’t realise it was gluten free!), followed by the most incredible Cote Du Boeuf with homemade chunky chips and homemade béarnaise sauce. Pudding was apple crumble made with apples from my garden: it was all AWESOME.

Shopmium Dinner Party Shopmium Dinner Party Shopmium Dinner Party

But, more importantly than my amazing food, it was so wonderful for us to have the chance to catch up properly without any chatty children in tow. With life seemingly moving at a million miles an hour for not just me but all of my friends, busy with careers, kids and relationships, it made me realise I don’t set aside enough time to nurture our friendships as much as I should. This stops now – I might not be in couple-based suburbia any more but there’s nothing stopping me hauling my girlfriends over for evenings of good food, great wine and raucous gossip.

And if I can earn a fiver back from my food shop while doing it? Well, it doesn’t get much better than that!

Shopmium Dinner Party Shopmium Dinner Party Shopmium Dinner Party

(I’d like to say I’m don’t always have a glass of wine in my hand when I’m cooking but that would be untrue)

WIN A £300 SHOPPING VOUCHER

Shopmium have kindly given me a £300 voucher to a supermarket of your choice (not Co-Op, Aldi or Lidl) to win! You can enter using the easy form below – and don’t forget to use the code ‘ALICECHOC’ when signing up to get a free bar of chocolate. Good luck!!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Go here to see competition Ts & Cs.

• Reply BySarahMostly September 22, 2016 at 2:35 pm

What a brilliant idea I’m going to have a proper look at this after! I love dinner parties but I can get into such a flap that I usually stick with something quick and easy like steak and chips. Who doesn’t love a nice steak, eh? Great competition Alice!

• Reply Sophie Gibbons September 22, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I’ve got to be honest and say I’d go for a really good medium-rare steak, home made skin on oven chips with garlic, a rocket salad and a peppercorn sauce. I’d probably do a gooey chocolate brownie with ice cream for dessert as well.

• Reply Alison September 22, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Mmm you made me want to eat steak now!! I’m loving this app.

• Reply Tracey Peach September 22, 2016 at 6:01 pm

I would cook good old fashioned filling food, beef casserole with three veg & fluffy mash potatoes & sticky toffee pudding :)

• Reply Tracy Nixon September 22, 2016 at 6:02 pm

MMMM hard question – I would probably serve Spanish tapas as a starter, followed by homemade paella served with homemade crusty rolls and a refreshing sorbet as a dessert!

• Reply Molly September 22, 2016 at 6:16 pm

This is making me crave steak! I always tend to do really easy stuff at dinner parties – Mexican food or tapas nibbles etc. Sometimes I’ll do a slow cooked pulled pork or a beef joint. I think I’m really lazy mainly because I just want to drink wine with everyone else. I’m a much better dinner party guest than host!

• Reply Slummy single mummy September 22, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Honestly, my ultimate dinner party would mean not having to do any cooking at all! I’d get my partner to do the cooking, I’d do the entertaining. (Drinking). ;-)

• Reply frances hopkins September 22, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Anything with Fish, maybe Fish stew we all love that

• Reply emma walters September 22, 2016 at 8:11 pm

waygu beff steaks and chunky homemade chips mmmmmm

• Reply Chrissie Curtis September 22, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Oh my god what a great app.I have been using something similar but this looks fab!

My ultimate dinner party would be Soup Starters with a Lasagne and Salad Main with Ice Creams and Meringue Nests for Pudding!

• Reply Maxine September 22, 2016 at 8:35 pm

I’d definately plump for a Mexican themed dinner party however I think I’m coming over to yours for steak and chips soon… please ;-) mxx

• Reply Leanne Lunn September 22, 2016 at 10:10 pm

I would cook Lasagne everyone loves a good home made lasagne with homemade cheesy garlic bread.

• Reply Kate September 22, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Waffles, fried chicken and maple syrup! And then invite someone hot and single to cook it for me. X

• Reply lori September 22, 2016 at 11:34 pm

This sounds great, I think it would either have to be tapas as i lovenibbling or an awesome chinese dish! x

• Reply Robyn Clarke September 23, 2016 at 12:56 am

Camembert and crusty bread for starter. Beef wellington, baby potatoes and veggies followed by pecan pie and an espresso.

• Reply Linzi September 23, 2016 at 7:24 am

I’m so hungry reading all these comments and now craving camembert, steak and brownies at 7.23 am! ! Id make spicy tiger prawns and chorizo for starters and peppercorn chicken with smashed baby potatoes, roasted plum tomatoes and mushrooms for main and creme brulee for dessert

• Reply Julie Kenny September 23, 2016 at 11:28 am

Camembert for started , then steak and chunk chips followed by eton mess x

• Reply Polly September 23, 2016 at 5:04 pm

oh this is a great idea! Dinner party – antipasti to start, a delicious pasta dish followed by cheesecake!

• Reply Emma Caldwell September 23, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Amazing! I want to come round to your house for dinner! We’ve just moved house so I can’t wait to have people over for dinner – plus with autumn coming I’m all about slow cooked beef with mash and roasted veggies, followed by a gooey chocolate brownie and lashings of fizz and great chat! Mmmmm! I want this tonight!!!!! x

• Reply Kathryn September 23, 2016 at 8:29 pm

I’d like to try something really showy like Beef Wellington or Lobster Thermidor. It would probably be an unmitigated disaster but it would be fun to try just once and we could always open some tins of soup and more wine and laugh about it (maybe).

• Reply sarah m September 24, 2016 at 12:30 am

A pasta dish such as gnocchi or carbonara

• Reply Kelly Ellen Hirst September 24, 2016 at 4:56 pm

I’d serve a Greek salad starter, seafood linguine for main & then for dessert I’d serve a lemon sorbet

P.s I’d already downloaded the app so didn’t use the link

• Reply Victoria September 24, 2016 at 5:16 pm

A good old curry!!

• Reply Tracey Ryder September 24, 2016 at 8:52 pm

beef wellington and veg

• Reply sam macaree September 24, 2016 at 8:55 pm

steak and chips

• Reply Kelly Glen September 24, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I’m rubbish at cooking so somebody else would have to do it.

• Reply Soph H September 24, 2016 at 9:14 pm

A really good fish pie with mashed potato and fine beans!

• Reply Paul Wilson September 24, 2016 at 9:26 pm

I like a nice Beef Wellington.

• Reply AnnMarie Gould September 24, 2016 at 9:36 pm

id make a nice mushroom risotto followed by a warm chocolate fudge cake and real cream

• Reply Sidrah Ahmed September 24, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Chicken curry,white rice,lamb chops and salsa salad with corn on cobs and chilli and yoghurt sauces. I would make a mango drink.

• Reply W Roberts September 24, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Leek and Poatato Pie

• Reply Jo Jones September 24, 2016 at 10:02 pm

A nice juicy beef joint with all the veg usually goes down well, with a choice of sherry trifle or good old apple pie.

• Reply Paul Halling September 24, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Beef bourguignon

• Reply Anthony Harrington September 25, 2016 at 12:07 am

vegetable madras curry with rice and side vegetarian dishes

• Reply Sarah Gray September 25, 2016 at 12:44 am

I love making spaghetti bolognase (packed with lots of veg, even if my kids and husband don’t know it!), so would probably make this with linguine, parmeggiano and flatbreads.

• Reply Fiona K September 25, 2016 at 8:21 am

I would keep it informal and make something simple like chicken or fish goujons with new potatoes, salad served with lots of wine!

• Reply jacqui graham September 25, 2016 at 9:35 am

beef wellington, and lemon cheesecake with cream x

• Reply Aidan Clark September 25, 2016 at 9:49 am

An Indian feast

• Reply Toni Arnott September 25, 2016 at 11:13 am

a big paella with rioja and cava

• Reply Lucy Taylor September 25, 2016 at 11:19 am

Starter would be stuffed field mushrooms. Main course would be rack of lamb with minted new potatoes and seasonal veg. To finish, a homemade warm bakewell tart with cream.
    Of course this is all just theory as I’m nowhere near organised or skilled enough to actually pull this off!
    I’ve actually already got this app, I’ve been using it about a month and recommend it.

• Reply Hilda Hazel Wright September 25, 2016 at 12:56 pm

My boyfriend would cook, he is great at it and I do the chopping, cleaning etc! My ultimate would be a starter of olives and garlic bread, spicy tomato pasta with veg, and an exceedingly extensive cheeseboard!

• Reply tamalyn roberts September 25, 2016 at 1:12 pm

a nice sea bass

• Reply Lisa Rowsell September 25, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Parsnip & apple soup, followed by artichoke, aubergine, & lamb moussaka, and to round it all off a mixed fruit sorbet.

• Reply Ray Becker September 25, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Beef Wellington

• Reply Angelina Sewell September 25, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I would cook prawns!

• Reply Ellen Sheppard September 25, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Red onion and goats cheese tarts, fillet steak, potato gratin and greens and key lime pie to finish, yum!

• Reply Louise Felkin Long September 25, 2016 at 3:28 pm

mini bbq chicken wraps for starter, pulled pork and roasted chips, lemon cheesecake for dessert

• Reply Ellie Wood September 25, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Beef wellington, its so rich but it’s pricey to cook for a normal meal

• Reply Laura Tovey September 25, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Chicken and mushroom pasta – not much that can got wrong with that…. famous last words of course

• Reply Marianne Daniels September 25, 2016 at 4:03 pm

pork stew in green tomatillo sauce with corn tortillas and refried beans!

• Reply emily omara September 25, 2016 at 4:08 pm

scallops on a bed of greens

• Reply Farhana September 25, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Tandoori chicken

• Reply Kayleigh White September 25, 2016 at 4:47 pm

I’ve never held a dinner party so not sure what to serve. Maybe my dads popular pork and apricot casserole or his lasagne.

• Reply Emma Jones September 25, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Oh I haven’t had a dinner party for so long! I would serve a lush soup to start, a goat’s cheese, mushroom and red onion risotto (risotto is a bit fiddly but soooo delicious when it’s done well and it’s such a comfort food joy) and something decadent for dessert like a rich chocolate torte. Yum *is envisioning self on Come Dine With Me*

• Reply Solange September 25, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Watercress & celeriac soup with goat’s cheese croutons, roast duck breasts with maple syrup vinaigrette and champagne & raspberry possets

• Reply laura Banks September 25, 2016 at 5:33 pm

probably a pasta dish im quite good at them

• Reply BigBrainyBee September 25, 2016 at 6:31 pm

I’d make a lovely lasagne, always a favorite of mine.

• Reply Fiona September 25, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Sounds great! Must try it :-)

• Reply Kev C September 25, 2016 at 7:15 pm

well done steak with crispy chips.

• Reply Marc Chivers September 25, 2016 at 7:26 pm

A mixed grill

• Reply Sarah N September 25, 2016 at 7:35 pm

I like to cook salmon en croute for dinner parties.

• Reply Nikki H September 25, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Sounds like a fab idea. I love dinner parties!

• Reply Tammy Tudor September 25, 2016 at 8:39 pm

I would cook Traditional Spanish tapas

• Reply Siobhan Davis September 25, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Beef Wellington. Thankyou so much for the chance xx

• Reply Rosalind Sargent September 25, 2016 at 10:59 pm

I would cook Lamb shanks in a mint Gravy with rosemary fluffy mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables

• Reply Harry Baker-Farmer September 25, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Roast pork and stuffing!

• Reply helen tovell September 26, 2016 at 11:07 am

Steak Diane chips and peas

• Reply Darren September 26, 2016 at 11:17 am

A roast dinner with a big joint of beef, a joint of lamb covered in garlic rosemary, giant yorkshire puddings, all the trimmings and a homemade banoffee pie for dessert.

• Reply jodie harvey September 26, 2016 at 1:52 pm

i would do steak with roasted vegetables and homemade wedges

• Reply leanne weir September 26, 2016 at 3:36 pm

i WOULD HAVE A MEXICAN BANQUET

• Reply Louise Allen September 26, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Ooh decisions decisions! I love dinner parties :D I’d make nibbly canape things to start with, probably followed by soy & ginger salmon with couscous and asparagus, and then if I was being fancy I’d serve a croquembouche!

• Reply purpleshoes September 26, 2016 at 9:20 pm

I think I’d cook duck l’orange and a chocolate mousse for dessert

• Reply Isabella September 26, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Anything with avocados!

• Reply Katie @mummydaddyme September 26, 2016 at 10:20 pm

The app looks amazing and now I really really really want a steak! xx

• Reply Susan Hoggett September 27, 2016 at 9:42 am

I’d make a mushroom risotto and homemade garlic flatbread

• Reply Suzie Wilder September 27, 2016 at 12:37 pm

I make chorizo and butter ran stew with crusty bread! Easy and delicious!!

• Reply Dave C September 27, 2016 at 12:53 pm

The only thing I’m good at is a stir fry so would have to be that! Simple but scummy!

• Reply Leeanne clifford September 27, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Haloumi, Greek salad and something massively calorific for pudding. I love toffee flavours so maybe a toffee mousse with toffee sauce!

• Reply Kate Davies September 27, 2016 at 1:09 pm

A beef joint with all the trimmings.

• Reply Kate Rushton September 27, 2016 at 3:20 pm

It would have to be my orange and pomegranate salmon with potatoes and vegetables followed by lemon cheesecake.

• Reply Rachel S September 27, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Veggie stir fry, quick and easy!

• Reply Jodie Pether September 27, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Probably a winter chicken caserole with added extras such as parsnips, yorkshire puddings, and dumplings. Always has to be followed by a pudding but really not much room for one.

• Reply Heather Wilson September 27, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Pheasant and roast potatoes peas and strawberry cheesecake

• Reply bella smyth September 27, 2016 at 7:13 pm

rack of welsh lamb with winter veg and wild apple & berry crumble

• Reply ang hedley September 27, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Not the greatest cook, my neighbours will vouch for this as my children are often assembled across the street when the smoke alarm goes off :)
    But I can manage a scrummy Sunday roast with all the trimmings, yummy

• Reply Louise Lamb September 27, 2016 at 7:36 pm

egg fried rice and chicken curry

• Reply Emma Dormer September 27, 2016 at 9:56 pm

I’d go for steak and triple cooked chips with a Stilton sauce,and chocolate brownies and clotted cream Xx

• Reply Tracey S Anderson September 27, 2016 at 11:04 pm

As a lover of Mexican cuisine i would serve …. Appetiser – Mexican Ceviche ( Fish Salad with olives and avacoado )
    Main – Spicy Mexican Chicken Casserole served with Cornbread ( Seperate kid
    friendly cassrole done if the munchkins are invited )
    Desert – Tequila soaked Mexican Fruit Salad ( Apple juice soaked for the kids)

• Reply Emma Gibson September 28, 2016 at 8:42 am

Risotto :)

• Reply Rachel Stephenson September 28, 2016 at 10:18 am

I would cook a butternut squash lasagna just because I love them and don’t do them enough.

• Reply Sheila Reeves September 28, 2016 at 11:14 am

I’d make something in my slow-cooker, I’m a bit of a panicker so if I can get prepped in advance I can relax – so it would be something like lamp in port with redcurrant sauce, done this before and it is delicious, followed by pavlova (another make in advance!)

• Reply Jo Young September 28, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Steak with crushed potatoes and asparaus followed by home made pavlova

• Reply Alice Matthews September 28, 2016 at 4:18 pm

I would cook a salmon pasta bake and a stem ginger and date sticky pudding

• Reply Holly Gibson September 28, 2016 at 5:30 pm

I really like beef Wellington, so that’s what I would probably make!

• Reply ADEINNE TONNER September 28, 2016 at 5:40 pm

At my ultimate dinner party i would cook chicken fajitas and a healthy chicken salad

• Reply Lesley hunter September 28, 2016 at 9:46 pm

My ultimate dinner party would definitely be Italian, including homemade pizzas, a lasagne, salads, and delicious breads all in the middle of the table for people to help themselves to followed by tiramisu for pudding

• Reply Laura-Jane Baker September 29, 2016 at 9:36 am

I would serve seabass in a pesto sauce followed by creme brulee – and lots of wine!

• Reply Lottie | Oyster and Pearl September 29, 2016 at 10:53 am

I’d make a middle eastern feast! Although your menu looked pretty ace :)

• Reply Siobhan Parker September 29, 2016 at 10:59 am

Gorgeous tapas!

• Reply kellyjo walters September 29, 2016 at 11:38 am

a big vegan feast …
    stuffed mushroom … nut roast with roasted veg and meringues and fresh fruit

• Reply Sophie Roberts September 29, 2016 at 12:29 pm

This is fantastic! Being a vegetarian, I’d make asparagus, spinach and new potato frittatas :)

• Reply Vee Wong September 29, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Hmmm.. Dinner parties? I usually love to make roasted salmon, garlic spinach, a steak joint, sweet potato mash, and of course a fancy dessert to wrap things up nicely! :)

• Reply Karen Scammell September 30, 2016 at 2:29 pm

My nanna is Hungarian and I love her food soil I would make cucumber salad and paprika chicken with galushka

• Reply Victoria R Morrison October 1, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Peppercorn steaks and triple cooked chips :)

• Reply Janice October 2, 2016 at 5:59 pm

i love lasagne

• Reply sue rushworth October 3, 2016 at 5:34 pm

i would cook a delicious nut roast, even if your not a vegetarian this is so good

• Reply Frances H October 3, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Full Christmas Lunch even if it’s July! Who doesn’t like Xmas lunch?

• Reply Andrea Smith October 3, 2016 at 6:01 pm

I’d cook a roast dinner, as this always goes down well!

• Reply Laura Ste October 3, 2016 at 6:19 pm

I’d make garlic lime chicken and rice. Can’t do without spicy food.

• Reply Rebecca Williams October 3, 2016 at 6:28 pm

I would cook homemade soup for starter, a chicken dinner for main and a chocolate cake for dessert :)

• Reply Aless October 3, 2016 at 7:08 pm

That steak looks amazing!

• Reply Hannah Robertson October 3, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Mushroom soup for starters, butternut squash risotto for mains and profiteroles for dessert.

• Reply Heather October 3, 2016 at 7:29 pm

I’d cook risotto with mushrooms and veggies. Pudding would be a home make apple pie and cinnamon! <3

• Reply maddalena dalton October 3, 2016 at 8:00 pm

macaroni al forno

• Reply C Parkin October 3, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Roast beef and Yorkshire puddings

• Reply claire blaney October 3, 2016 at 8:09 pm

I would love to cook beef wellington with potato dauphinoise, and with steamed green beans to finsh it will be a lemon tart and homemade madagascan vanilla ice cream

• Reply elizabeth edwards October 3, 2016 at 10:03 pm

i would cook brown stew rice and peas

• Reply Alison Johnson October 3, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Well I’d get the Hubby to cook for a start as he is much better than me! He’d probably Jerk Chicken with rice & beans. Than do a vegetarian stir fry for me :) Chocolate Mousse for dessert.

• Reply Sheila Reeves @cakeReev October 4, 2016 at 6:13 am

Think I may have put my tweet ref in the box saying I’d followed you on twitter – I blame being awake this early!!) – my Twitter ref is @CakeReev

• Reply Phil Darling October 4, 2016 at 6:27 am

I’d cook my Beef Wellington – OK – so, I’m stuck in the 80’s but it is delicious

• Reply Charlotte Foy October 4, 2016 at 11:43 am

I already downloaded the app, I’d cook my mum’s lasagne :)

• Reply Jennifer Toal October 4, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Roast beef and Yorkshire puddings

• Reply Jennifer Haden October 6, 2016 at 8:58 am

i think a mild chicken and veg curry would be great :)

• Reply Alison October 6, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Melon and raspberry coulis for starter, beef wellington for main and a jaffa chocolate orange cheesecake for pudding

• Reply Kimberley Ryan October 8, 2016 at 12:11 pm

I would cook a selection of indian dishes, lamb and lenti Balti, chicken Korma etc..

• Reply Esther Summers October 8, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Looks fab! I would start with chicken liver parfait, followed by lobster Thermidor and chips and finished off with a cheese board.

• Reply Emma Sant October 8, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Lamb shanks, creamy carrot and swede mash and winter veg. Mmm.

• Reply Emma Rawlinson October 8, 2016 at 11:23 pm

I’d make a roast chicken dinner with plenty of gravy :)

• Reply Rich Tyler October 9, 2016 at 12:18 am

Tapas, so there is a little bit of something for everyone – that way all your guests are happy :)

• Reply Ann Robinson October 9, 2016 at 6:54 am

The ulimate dinner party for me would involve a roast chicken dinner. I love roast chicken dinners. I’m not a good host because i would cook what i love :-)

• Reply Laura grant October 9, 2016 at 11:58 am

Id have to cook an Italian feast, bruschetta for starters, a lovely home made lasagne for mains and a tasty tiramisu for dessert! Loving the shopmium app some great deals or money off and lots of freebies!

• Reply marion morgan October 9, 2016 at 12:50 pm

It would have to be my chilli, marinated over night. with homemade garlic bread
    I also make a mean apple crumble, that people just love
    simple real food

• Reply Vicky Turbin October 9, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I would cook mushroom stroganoff! A favourite since student days! Thanks for the competition!

• Reply Jade October 9, 2016 at 8:04 pm

It would have to be something I can cook really well but that tastes great. That seriously narrows it down for me, but my Spinach and Mushroom cannelloni is pretty .

• Reply Cristín Williams October 9, 2016 at 9:51 pm

My ultimate dinner party would be all my favourite foods, lots of comfort food and easy to prepare, seafood salad, followed by lasagne and pavlova to finish

• Reply Mary H October 10, 2016 at 9:03 am

I’d cook an Indian feast for dinner party. Making everything from chutneys to naan breads and not forgetting a couple of currys. I’m vegetarian so Indian is a life saver.

• Reply Kat Allinson October 10, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Thai Green and red curry, with sticky rice. Chocolate mousse to finish, yummy

• Reply Janet Palmer October 11, 2016 at 10:18 am

I cook a mean Chinese curry with sesame prawn toast and boiled rice :)

• Reply Thomas L October 11, 2016 at 5:08 pm

I would cook some jerk chicken with some coconut rice and serve up a salad on the side.

• Reply Tracey Belcher October 11, 2016 at 5:15 pm

An Indian Banquet

• Reply Michael Clarke October 11, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Steak and chips

• Reply Sarah Marie Jones October 11, 2016 at 7:54 pm

I would serve up a huge Caribbean style buffet banquet! Rice n peas, macaroni pie, cou cou, pudding and souse and yams! Yum yum yum

• Reply Diana October 11, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Steak with crispy roast potatoes and creamy mushroom sauce :)

• Reply Dorie November 5, 2016 at 11:12 am

There are no words to describe how boiaodcus this is.

• Reply autoversicherung günstiger bei schwerbehinderung November 23, 2016 at 1:38 pm

Haven't had any vaccines since childhood (which were sadly forced upon me despite kicking and screaming and sobbing for hours afterward) and I get sick far less than most people I know who DO get vaccines.

• Reply steph lovatt October 12, 2016 at 10:30 am

A chicken dinner with mash, roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings infact all the trimmings

• Reply Sue H Jenkins October 12, 2016 at 11:13 am

i’d love to make the 80’s fave dish Beef Wellington, never quite perfected it.

• Reply lorna Garratt October 12, 2016 at 12:24 pm

i would would a beautifu seafool Paella , yummy

• Reply RichJ October 12, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Lamb

• Reply claire little October 12, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Beef

• Reply Kirsty Norton October 12, 2016 at 4:46 pm

At my ultimate dinner party, I’d cook a hearty chicken and chorizo paella

• Reply Paula Phillips October 12, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Lamb medallions in red wine sauce with new potatoes and garden peas.

• Reply Lorraine Mabbitt October 12, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Rack of lamb and new potatoes

• Reply Chantel L October 12, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Something easy but tasty, chicken pasta bake – I’m not very adventurous!

• Reply Kayley Hill October 12, 2016 at 7:43 pm

chicken pasta and pepperoni bake xxx

• Reply Nikki October 12, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Lasagne! There’s nothing better for a good catch up than a giant lasagne and a glass of red to match it…

• Reply Jessica Hutton October 12, 2016 at 8:23 pm

I would cook paella or risotto. They are my favourite dishes.

• Reply Gill Mitchell October 12, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Halloumi to start, followed by a nice steak dish, and finished up with a chocolate and peanut cheesecake.

• Reply Jane Middleton October 12, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Chicken and mushroom stir fry

• Reply Laura Kevlin October 12, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Prawns with Avocado and Zesty Citrus Dressing, Coq au Vin with Duchess Potatoes, and Pear Charlotte to finish :)

• Reply Kenny Watt October 12, 2016 at 10:10 pm

A slow cooked leg of lamb with a curry sauce, Bombay potatoes and green beans

• Reply Trudi Walsh October 12, 2016 at 10:20 pm

For starters it would be Smoked Salmon Toasts, for main Rack of Lamb with Roasted Vegetables, and for afters its got to be Chocolate Orange Tart

• Reply Amy Jo McLellan October 12, 2016 at 11:05 pm

My signature dish is a spaghetti meatballs :)

• Reply Ellen Stafford October 12, 2016 at 11:08 pm

A roast dinner. Yummy!

• Reply Deborah Jeavons October 12, 2016 at 11:29 pm

I woudl have to go for a a lamb roast with all the trimmings, roasties, yorkshire pud, stuffing balls, a mix of veg.

• Reply Deborah Jeavons October 12, 2016 at 11:29 pm

I woudl have to go for a lamb roast with all the trimmings, roasties, yorkshire pud, stuffing balls, a mix of veg.

• Reply shelley stevenson October 13, 2016 at 12:19 am

hmmm probably home made lasaagne with crusty warm garlic bread with butter and a beautiful side of fresh tasty and juicy salad including lettuce, tomato a little onion and anything else you may want to add…deeeeelish!!