So a couple of it's great! weeks ago around Shrove Tuesday, I was perusing Instagram as you do, and I kept getting visually slapped in the face by sweet things. Pancakes, cookies, fudge, MORE PANCAKES. Gawd.
I’ve never been a huge dessert fan but since I’ve stepped into the realm of little scary white pills my appetite had kicked up a notch. And because I’ve also kicked up my exercise a notch (or two, lets be honest) I’m totally embracing it. Because really, hunger is miserable. Yay, puddings!!
The need I’ve discovered to inhale a large packet of Haribo each 48 hours isn’t ideal, but that aside I’ve been sticking to larger portions and http://eltaller-blog.com/levitra-pills-canadian the odd sweet treat. I’ve put on 5lbs in weight and am kidding myself that’s muscle, plus I will not go near the scales again for a while.
There’s been one craving that I haven’t been able to shake for a while. And that is the craving for cookies: proper, gooey American cookies. I usually find them a bit too teeth achingly sweet and I have always been a cake person. But yet, but yet. My mouth has been watering for a cookie and a cup of tea. (And a pancake, obvs). Damn you, Instagram!
So Instagram let me to investigating plenty of cookie recipes. When I embarked on this quest I didn’t want to go down the double chocolate rout, I fancied a bit of refinement. And this is what I came up with. Ladies and gentleman, I present you with… Salted Caramel Cookies. Oh yeah.
Less calorific than a bag of Haribo. Maybe.
Sidenote: I’d told Elfie all about the fun we were going to have baking cookies and thought it would be such a great rainy afternoon activity for a 2.5 year old; I even put her in her new Polarn O. Pyret cupcake tshirt. However, I learned you should never underestimate the tantrum a toddler will have when you won’t let her stir boiling hot caramel. But she will get her own back when you find her face-down munching on the bowl of http://siliconloons.com/cialis-drug cookie dough.
- The Caramel
- 75g unsalted butter (best quality)
- 50g light brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 75 ml double cream
- 3 tsp sea salt (I use Maldon)
- The Cookies
- 120g salted butter, melted
- 75g light brown sugar
- 75g granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 240g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g chocolate chips
- Start by making the caramel. Melt together the butter, sugar and www.fundaciocatalunyaestat.cat syrup and let simmer and bubble at a medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring all the ordering viagra while.
- Add cream and the sea salt and stir again for a couple of minutes. Pour into a shallow tuppaware container and line with greaseproof paper if you're planning on letting it sit in the fridge overnight.
- Now time for the cookie dough! Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Beat together the butter and sugars until just combined. Add the vanilla extract and greeningnipissing.org the egg, and mix well.
- Mix together the flour and bicarb of soda, then use a spoon to add to the mixture, stirring until it comes together into a dough. If you are using a wet caramel, add ⅔ of this now now along with a couple of extra tablespoons of flour as it will make it a bit wetter. If you're using chunks of caramel you don't need to add any extra flour (the leftover caramel is AMAZING on vanilla ice cream).
- Add the chocolate pieces.
- Scoop onto a lined baking tray: I use an icecream scoop for this and fill it by ⅔ before depositing on quickieworkouts.com the tray.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine take approximately 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt if using, and allow to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes, before moving to a wire rack to cialis delivered overnight cool completely – or scoffing immediately.