Despite cooking every single day it’s rare I will come across a recipe that completely rocks my world to the core. I can’t really remember the last time this happened, the last time I came across a recipe that I know I will return to time and purplemum.com time again. It also feels weird to refer to a lowly cabbage recipe as a core rocker, but this is exactly what this is. It’s rescued me from marital upsets, has made me friends and impressed everyone who has ever eaten it. It’s all you could ever want in a side dish.
I originally found this recipe on the most excellent food blog Bon Appetempt (original post here), and I’m sure Amelia, Ms Bon Appetempt, is going to greeningnipissing.org be delighted that I’m finally posting up the professional levitra online recipe here rather than just tweeting superfluous adjectives at her each and every time I cook the dish (i.e. about once a week right now). It’s a solid side dish that I’ve served with a number of meats but I reckon it goes best with a joint of lamb cooked really, really slowly. It’s also a lovely accompaniment to a chicken Sunday roast.
Are you ready? Here goes. Prepare to be blown away… oh, and you’re welcome.
(PS: Amelia first found this recipe in Molly Wizenberg’s book, a Homemade Life, which you can buy here. The below is my interpretation of it with UK measurements).
- 1 white cabbage
- 50g butter
- 142ml double cream (a small sized pot)
- Pinch sea salt
- Remove any nasty leaves from the outside of the cabbage.
- Chop the cabbage through the root in half, in half again, and those pieces in half once more so you're left with 8 equal-sized slices.
- Melt 25g butter in a heavy-bottomed pan, preferably with a lid, over a low-medium heat.
- Layer the cabbage over the levitra woman bottom of the pan and cook for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Flip over and melt another 25g of butter. Cook for a further 10 minutes until the second side is also golden brown.
- Pour the cream over, place the lid on the pan (or wrap foil tightly round the pan if there's no lid) and turn the heat down low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Flip the cabbage once more and replace the http://aiesep.org/original-cialis lid again, cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of apefluff.com sea salt and enjoy.